Things to Know About a Dinner Cruise for First-Timers
Many reasons exist for opting for a dinner cruise instead of, say, a full one-month cruise on a luxury ship or a week-long stay in a crewed yacht charter. These reasons include cost considerations, time constraints and personal preferences such as when seasickness is an unwelcome part of a voyage through the seas. No matter the reasons, you will enjoy the fine dining, superior entertainment and excellent service provided by dinner cruises especially on special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and engagement proposals.
But before you plunge into planning for dinner cruises, however, here are certain things to know. At the very least, you will project the image of a person well-versed in these sophisticated things even when it’s your first time.
Where to Book
Almost every city with access to a natural body of water including seas, oceans, lakes and rivers is bound to host companies that offer yacht rentals, cruises and other sea-related services. You can then choose the dinner cruise that best suits your theme, preference, and budget. For example, in New York City, you can book a cruise down the Hudson River complete with a romantic gourmet dinner for your anniversary.
You can browse the Internet for sites that offer these kinds of services. This way, comparisons for price, service and route can easily be made, thus, resulting in the best value for your money.
video here xxxx
What the Choices Are
And speaking of services, your choices are numerous so it is always important to see all of these possibilities before making your final selection. The main types of dinner cruises include:
• Cocktail cruises are not dinner cruises per se since only appetizers are served. But if your budget is short, it is still a delightful way to take on the city’s scenery from a different perspective.
• Dinner cruise aboard a luxury yacht means gourmet dishes served by professional waiters akin to a formal dinner in a restaurant.
• Chartered cruises are often related to special events like weddings, parties and business conferences wherein a whole group books the luxury yacht. Dinner is, of course, served.
You may also book an entire yacht for your group to enjoy dinner by the bay, lake or river. Your expenses will be higher but if that’s what it takes to woo a woman or a company, then the cost is well worth it.
What to Expect
As with any product and service, you get what you pay for in a dinner cruise. The general rule is that more luxurious the amenities, food and entertainment, the higher the costs to be paid. You can secure discounts on these services but the assumption is that you have the means to pay, even if it means saving money for the special event.
Depending on the cruise selected, you can expect the following:
• Food can either be served in a buffet style or served by waiters with food choices ranging from pasta linguine to expensive beef dishes and other gourmet concoctions.
• Entertainment options can include dancing to piped-in music or serenading by a string quartet.
Indeed, if you want to have a unique experience on the sea, a dinner cruise is in your near future. Just make sure to plan it and plan it well so that it will be a memorable experience for your partner, too.